John Gooden (that'll be me!) is a presenter, sports commentator and announcer currently serving as the lead presenter and play-by-play commentator for the UFC (www.UFC.com).
From developing interviewing and writing techniques whilst working in the City of London to learning about all aspects of television production with the BBC, John has acquired a unique set of skills for broadcasting. And as the years of competitive sport continue to take their toll, it is behind the mic and camera that he now feels more comfortable. That said, John can still be seen lacing up the gloves and also clocking up the miles in triathlons and obstacle races.
Aside from the above, John is also:
- a qualified electrician and 'inspector'
- a producer for the UFC
- a vegan
- an Arsenal fan
- a left footer
- a husband
- a dog owner
Work so far
- 2014 to date - UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship): commentator, presenter, back stage reporter, producer, live events (international). Key broadcast partners include FOX Sports and BT Sport
- 2008 to date - Various news outlets, magazines and sites: writer
- September 2017 - Progress Productions: Announcer for the muay thai and kickboxing championships at the Asian Indoors and Martial Arts Games (Turkmenistan).
- September 2016 - Sports Presentation Co: Announcer/ MC/ host/ interviewer for ITV Sports I Am Team GB at the Emmerdale Farm set
- March 2016 - Sports Presentation Co: Stadium announcer for the Women's International Rugby Six Nations, England vs Wales
- 2010 to 2013 - Cage Warriors Fighting championship: commentator, presenter (Europe and the Middle East). Key broadcast partners included Sky Sports, Setanta, The Active Channel
- 2009 to 2014 - Various MMA promotions including Shock n Awe, Models Fight Night and Kayo MMA: commentator, presenter and interviewer.
- 2002 to 2004 - BBC: runner, junior researcher, TV extra, undercover ops and clerk for productions including Watchdog, Rogue Traders, Healthcheck, The Kilroy Show and The Hampton Court Flower Show